Kenya sweeps ‘Oscars’ of the travel industry, bagging as many as nine awards at the recently concluded 22nd World Travel Awards at Kempinski resort in Seychelles. The winners were nominated by over 40,000 travel trade professionals worldwide.
Speaking after receiving the awards, Commerce and Tourism Principal Secretary Dr Ibrahim Mohammed said, “These awards Kenyan travel trade has received today are demonstration of services improvement.” So while planning your Kenyan safari, keep these guys in mind. You woun’t go wrong with them.
1. Kenya Tourism Board bags the award for the best tourism board.
2. Maasai Mara Game Reserve was voted Africa’s leading National Park, reaffirming Kenya’s unbeatable position as a safari destination.
3. Diani beach was voted Africa’s leading beach destination. This beach is a vibrant, intimate little paradise on the quiet shores off the Indian Ocean just south of Mombasa.
4. Twiga Tours was awarded as Africa’s leading luxury safari destination
5. Twiga Tours was also awarded Africa’s responsible tourism company.
6. Carlson Wagonlit topped as Kenya’s leading travel Management Company.
7. Spaaing on your mind? Naivaisha-based Spa Resort, Enashipai, won as Kenya’s leading spa.
8. For corporate travel, choose Nairobi Serena that triumphed as Kenya’s leading business hotel.
9. Eco conscious, are you? Choose Nairobi Serena again, which was was crowned Kenya’s green hotel.
Source: INDIA TODAY